Surprise! Clover Alewife launches Monday!

IMG_7380

We’ve played with the idea, but we’ve never really had a truck dedicated to an office park outside of the city. Welcome Clover Alewife (@cloverALE). There is no area that’s had more requests for a Clover truck. And we couldn’t be happier to make this announcement:

Weekdays, 11am – 2pm

$4.67 Chickpea Fritter Sandwiches (we’re rolling prices back to 2008 where we started)

VECNA Parking lot

We’re starting MONDAY, 3/17/14. Sorry for the really late notice. We were waiting on licensing stuff which is now cleared up. This happens to us a lot and makes our launches seem sloppy. Sorry guys. The only alternative is to wait a couple weeks to build up suspense, but we’d rather be making sandwiches.

Please let all your friends know. We can’t wait to see you Monday. This will be truck #2 for the 2014 season. We’re launching one every 2 weeks until May.

15 Responses to Surprise! Clover Alewife launches Monday!

1. Sam stern 14 March, 2014 at 10:41 am #

Thank you! We desperately need more lunch options

2. Heather 14 March, 2014 at 5:30 pm #

This is close enough to Shire for me to visit all the time! Will it ONLY be the Chickpea? Or full menu?

3. ayr 15 March, 2014 at 12:18 am #

Not just chickpea, but we’re going to be trying something different for the trucks this year. I’ll write about this sometime soon. We’re going to staff the trucks with fewer employees, offer fewer items, change them more often, and reduce prices. Hoping this will allow for more variety, more fun for customers, and more efficient operations for us.

4. Ken G. 16 March, 2014 at 10:02 am #

What an awesome surprise! Alas, I pass through Alewife en route to work at MIT, so I’m in the new truck’s neighborhood at breakfast time only. Still, it’s great to see Alewife getting some Clover love!

5. Sandra Bersin 16 March, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

Love this place! Amazing menu! Had the most spectacular Brussel sprout sandwich! Wish Clover would open in Illinois. Can’t wait to return to Boston.

6. Jay 16 March, 2014 at 11:25 pm #

How about a permanent restaurant in Alewife? As you mention, business would be great there. 30 Cambridge Park Dr. would be an ideal, high-visibility (to both office workers and commuters) location:

7. Sue 17 March, 2014 at 12:06 pm #

Glad to hear it! Besides the office park employees, you have fans like me in nearby Arlington. For those with flexible weekday hours, this will be a great option. Jay’s suggestion of a permanent restaurant, open on weekends, would also be great, of course.

8. James 17 March, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

Looks like we missed you at Alewife today. Did you not make it, or are we looking in the wrong place for your truck?

9. Amelia Sizemore 17 March, 2014 at 12:51 pm #

SO excited about this – much-needed way out in Alewife! I look forward to dedicating the majority of my lunch budget to the truck.

10. Angie 18 March, 2014 at 12:06 pm #

How does one drive to this new truck? I work nearby and attempted to drive there today, but the parking was very confusing. Is there a visitor parking lot? I thought I saw one, but there was one of those gates in front and wasn’t sure if it would charge me..

11. Joshua 18 March, 2014 at 2:14 pm #

Do you have paw paws?????? trying to find a paw paw in Somerville and you’ve just appeared in Alewife!

12. Jeff 18 March, 2014 at 2:15 pm #

Hi….The word got passed at the office and I was excited about this. I went out today at 1:45 and didn’t see you. Did you not make it, or leave early?

13. ayr 18 March, 2014 at 8:59 pm #

so sorry. we ran out of food at 12:15pm. bringing much more tomorrow!

14. ayr 18 March, 2014 at 8:59 pm #

yes, but they’re not in season now. we’ll have them in October

15. ayr 18 March, 2014 at 9:00 pm #

Yikes! I don’t know to be honest. I parked illegally today I think : ( I might take subway tomorrow.