SIGN UPS CLOSED // Crimson & Clover Farm (Home Delivery option)
$665.00 – $1,010.00
Update – signups for this CSA are now closed for the summer 2021 season. Thanks for your interest!
Delivery day: THURSDAYS!
We met Nate and his family a few years ago – they came highly recommended from other farmers in the close-knit Western Mass community. We love seeing their boxes of beautiful veggies and fruits – the perfect way to start your weekend. This option is for home delivery to your doorstep (15 mile radius of Boston) not pickup at a Clover restaurant.
From the farm:
Crimson & Clover Farm offers bountiful farm-shares filled with delicious and sustainably grown vegetables and fruit. Our shares offer a useful mix of produce that allows you to use your whole share. This includes the familiar staple crops (lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes) as well as the more exotic and less familiar (kohlrabi, daikon, fennel and more!) We include both cooking greens and salad greens each week, as well as fruit from nearby farms in each and every box! We also include sweet corn when it comes into season and is available. Since we opened for business in 2011 we have been driven to connect our community with the source of their food. We include photos, news from the farm, and useful recipes in every weekly newsletter.
What is an example of an average share?
- Small share (includes fruit) with home delivery ($665)
- Large share (includes fruit) with home delivery ($850)
- Extended small share (includes fruit) with home delivery ($795)
- Extended large share (includes fruit) with home delivery ($1010)
We offer two sized CSA shares. The small share includes 5-8 pounds of about 6-7 different items. The large share includes 7-12 items and can be anywhere from 10-18 pounds. We change up the offerings every week. Here’s an idea of what you might receive:
- Early Summer: Strawberries, radishes, turnips, beets, carrots, scallions, fennel, radicchio, cabbage, bok choy, and more!
- Mid Summer: Carrots, beets, turnips, squash, cucumbers, potatoes, onions, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, blueberries and more!
- Late Summer: Squash, cucumbers, eggplant, red peppers, heirloom tomatoes, onions, potatoes, scallions, endive, peaches and more!
- Fall Harvest: Winter squash, potatoes, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, cabbage, broccoli, kohlrabi, apples, pears and more!
Small share is 1/2 bushel box of vegetables and fruits, and the Large share is a 1 and 1/9 bushel box of vegetables and fruits.
What is your favorite summer item? What do you like to cook with?
“I love growing and eating radicchio! I like to pan-sear it and drizzle it with balsamic and olive oil. Yum!”
What are the delivery dates?
This share is delivered weekly on Thursdays from June 17th to October 28th for 20 weeks. The late season add-ons extend your CSA for the 4 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.
What is the delivery radius?
Crimson & Clover can deliver to roughly 15 miles of the Boston area. Once you sign up, the folks at the farm will reach out to you to confirm your address and any other relevant details.
Extended Large Share with Home Delivery, Extended Small Share with Home Delivery, Large Share with Home Delivery, Small Share with Home Delivery