Crimson & Clover Farm (Thursday pickups)
$515.00 – $830.00
Delivery day: THURSDAYS!
We met Nate and his family a few years ago – they came highly recommended from other farmers in the close-knit Western Mass community. We love seeing their boxes of beautiful veggies and fruits coming in on Thursday – the perfect way to start your weekend.
From the farm:
Crimson & Clover Farm offers bountiful farm-shares filled with delicious and sustainably grown vegetables and fruit. Our shares offer a useful mix of produce that allows you to use your whole share. This includes the familiar staple crops (lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes) as well as the more exotic and less familiar (kohlrabi, daikon, fennel and more!) We include both cooking greens and salad greens each week, as well as fruit from nearby farms in each and every box! We also include sweet corn when it comes into season and is available. Since we opened for business in 2011 we have been driven to connect our community with the source of their food. We include photos, news from the farm, and useful recipes in every weekly newsletter.
What is an example of an average share?
- Large share (includes fruit) ($700)
- Small share (includes fruit) ($515)
- Late Season Small Add-On (+$100)
- Late Season Large Add-On (+$130)
We offer two sized CSA shares. The small share includes 5-8 pounds of about 6-7 different items. The large share includes 7-12 items and can be anywhere from 10-18 pounds. We change up the offerings every week. Here’s an idea of what you might receive:
- Early Summer: Strawberries, radishes, turnips, beets, carrots, scallions, fennel, radicchio, cabbage, bok choy, and more!
- Mid Summer: Carrots, beets, turnips, squash, cucumbers, potatoes, onions, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, blueberries and more!
- Late Summer: Squash, cucumbers, eggplant, red peppers, heirloom tomatoes, onions, potatoes, scallions, endive, peaches and more!
- Fall Harvest: Winter squash, potatoes, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, cabbage, broccoli, kohlrabi, apples, pears and more!
Small share is 1/2 bushel box of vegetables and fruits, and the Large share is a 1 and 1/9 bushel box of vegetables and fruits.
What is your favorite summer item? What do you like to cook with?
“I love growing and eating radicchio! I like to pan-sear it and drizzle it with balsamic and olive oil. Yum!”
What are the delivery dates?
This share is delivered weekly on Thursdays from June 17th to October 28th for 20 weeks. The late season add-ons extend your CSA for the 4 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.
Regular Share, Regular Share (with 4 week fall extension), Small Share (with 4 week fall extension), Small Share