WEDNESDAYS: The Forest Farmers – VT/NY
$99.00 – $189.00
Delivery day: WEDNESDAYS!
Yes, you read it right. This is a Forest CSA. Could there be a more magical thing? Ayr met Michael at the Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, and the two of them struck up a conversation. Michael is a forestry expert who wants to preserve our natural woodlands by harvesting the sap that the trees produce (and it’s not just maple syrup!) and all of the other wild edibles that can be sustainably harvested! Founded in 2017 and spanning 10,000 acres in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains of NY and the Green Mountains of VT, The Forest Farmers and New Leaf Tree Syrups is the output of many years of innovative research and development to determine how to best harness the delicious diversity of the forest. Choose a Summer/Fall Share or a Winter/Spring Share, or sign up for a full year of syrups and wild edibles.
- Summer/Fall share ($99) – DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: JUNE 1
- Full Year Round share ($189) – DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: JUNE 1
IMPORTANT CHANGE: Because of Clover’s pause in operations due to COVID-19, all Spring/Summer shares will instead run from Summer to Fall.
Spring/Summer shareholders will begin their pickups in June instead of April.
All shareholders who signed up for the yearlong share will still get a year’s worth of products; the share will just begin later, starting in Summer of 2020 and going through Spring of 2021.
From the Farm:
Our unique syrups are crafted exclusively from the sap of maple, birch, walnut, beech and other rare tree species to provide the greatest diversity of forest-based sweeteners in the world. We are also passionate about foraging other delicious wild foods from our forest, including ramps, fiddleheads, and mushrooms. We are a leading supplier of certified organic tree saps and syrups used in the best beverages and packaged goods.
—Michael, co-founder and farmer
What is an example of an average share?
- Summer/Fall shares contain a bounty of saps and syrups from our forests, as well as wild edibles such as wild mushrooms and wood nettles.
- Winter/Spring shares include a wide variety of syrups, wild edibles like nettles, ramps and fiddleheads, and other sweeteners from our diverse woodlands.
What is your favorite summer item? What do you like to cook with?
“Cream of nettle soup, specially on those rainy days when you want to stay inside and cook a hearty meal.”
—Michael, co-founder and farmer
What are the first & last days of delivery?
The following dates are estimates. Specific delivery dates depend on the harvest, but will always be on Wednesdays, and will be communicated to shareholders prior to pickups. Click below for an estimate of what you can expect.
- Summer/Fall shareholders will come to Clover 3 times to pick up through the season.
- Winter/Spring shareholders will come to Clover 3 times to pick up through the season.
- Full Year-Round shareholders will come to Clover 6 times to pick up through the year.
What exactly will I be getting?
Click here for a list of possible items (actual deliveries will vary based on harvest, but will generally follow this schedule.)
How can I learn more about the forest?