The Forest Farmshare (home delivery)
$99.00 – $189.00
A Forest Share! Yes, you read it right. Could there be a more magical thing? Celebrate the foods that are grown on our region’s forested landscapes. Ayr met Michael at the Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, and the two of them struck up a conversation. Michael is a forestry expert who wants to preserve our natural woodlands by harvesting the sap that the trees produce (not just maple!) and all of the other wild edibles (mushrooms, herbs, berries, ramps) that can be harvested. Founded in 2017 and spanning 10,000 acres in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains of NY and the Green Mountains of VT, The Forest Farmers and New Leaf Tree Syrups is the output of many years of innovative research and development to determine how to best harness the delicious diversity of the forest. Choose a Summer/Fall Share or a Winter/Spring Share, or sign up for a full year of syrups and wild edibles (recommended).
- Spring/Summer Share ($99)
- Fall/Winter Share ($99)
- Full Year Round share ($189)
From the Farm:
Our unique syrups are crafted exclusively from the sap of maple, birch, walnut, beech and other rare tree species to provide the greatest diversity of forest-based sweeteners in the world. We are also passionate about foraging other delicious wild foods from our forest, including ramps, fiddleheads, and mushrooms. We are a leading supplier of certified organic tree saps and syrups used in the best beverages and packaged goods.
—Michael, co-founder and farmer
What is an example of an average share?
- Shareholders will get a box of treats delivered to their doorstep from our forest each season that feature a wide variety of sweeteners from maple, birch, beech, and walnut trees. Sustainably foraged mushrooms, ramps, and other wild edibles may also be included.
What are the first & last days of delivery?
Because each season is different depending on weather, the following dates are estimates. Specific delivery dates depend on the harvest, but will always be on Thursdays, and will be communicated to shareholders prior to pickups. Click below for an estimate of what you can expect.
- Summer/Fall shareholders will get 3 shipments through the season.
- Winter/Spring shareholders will get 3 shipments through the season.
- Full Year-Round shareholders will get 6 shipments through the year.
What exactly can I look forward to receiving?
Click here for a list of possible items (actual deliveries will vary based on harvest, but will generally follow this schedule.)
How can I learn more about the forest and sustainability?