Fresh tomatoes, baked tomatoes, tomato jam, tomato butter, tomato soup. What is your favorite way to eat tomatoes?
We’ve been playing with the idea of doing meal boxes dedicated to ONE seasonal veggie/fruit – but with tons of different recipes you can make at home. First up was the Blueberry Box. A bunch of you tried that one and we got a bunch of positive feedback, so I think we’ll bring it back next year.
Now that tomatoes are coming in from Red Fire and Next Barn Over, we’ve dreamed up our first annual Tomato Box.
Click here to grab a box on 8/18 or 8/25 — or read on to see all the recipes inside:
Cornmeal Biscuit, Egg, Cheddar, + Tomato Jam Sandwiches
Serve these for brunch, or divvy them up throughout the week for a luxurious start to your day!
- Cheddar cornmeal biscuit (you’ll roll out and cut dough we’ve already made for you)
- Farm eggs (you’ll fry @ home using our recipe guide)
- House-made tomato jam
- Local arugula
- Roasted garlic and black pepper aioli
Top-and-Bake Tomato Gratin
An easy weeknight dinner, or the hero of your dinner party. So comforting.
- Fresh basil and chive for garnish
- Parmesan panko bread crumbs
- Field tomatoes
- Gratin base – already made for you
Best Summer Tomato Salad Kit
With a few strokes of your knife (we’ll show you in a video) you’ll make the most refreshing, savory, herby salad, with tomatoes in all the colors of the rainbow.
- Heirloom tomatoes (you’ll cut at home)
- Cucumber (you’ll cut at home)
- Rossa di milano onion (you’ll cut at home)
- Housemade summer pesto (you’ll mix with oil from marinated feta to make an intensely good salad dressing)
- Marinated feta
- Clover pita – eat on the side, or bake it to make your salad into a panzanella
Chilled Roasted Tomato Soup w/ Pita and Tomato Butter
A customer (and staff!) favorite this time of year in the Clover restaurants.
- Chilled Roasted Tomato Soup (just-made)
- Chive sour cream
- Tomato butter (my favorite way to eat tomatoes!)
- Pita for dipping