Click here to grab a Late Spring Box!
Ever wanted to make your own ramen, but were short on time? Our ramen-esque kit comes with slow-cooked ramen broth, hand-pulled buckwheat noodles from Kim’C Market (Jason is really excited about these), jammy eggs and lots of toppings. Just heat, garnish, and enjoy on one of these colder nights we’ve been having.
Later in the week, assemble a big salad featuring a rainbow of local produce – including the first local asparagus of the season (aka Hadley Grass)!
For an easy lunch, make a springtime sandwich. We’ve got the last of the beautiful Brookford Farms carrots for carrot sandwiches – and we’ve redeveloped our cheesy, umami-rich Hakurei Turnip sandwich too (order a box for delivery on 5.16 or 5.19 to snag a carrot, or order for delivery on/after 5.23 to ensure you get a Hakurei turnip).
And since this is a Late Spring box, we’re hoping to get our hands on the first strawberries of the season, which usually start to come up in mid May. You’ll serve them with vanilla sugar and cream for the dipping.
For sustenance during school pickups or Zoom meetings, we’ve got new energy bars made with peanut butter and chia.
MEAL 1 – CLOVER “RAMEN” KIT
– Housemade ramen broth
– Hand-pulled buckwheat noodles from Kim’C Market (imported from Korea)
– Soft-cooked eggs
– Yellow turmeric-pickled radishes
– Red cabbage
– Fresh scallions (you’ll chop)
– Seaweed (you’ll crumble)
– On the side: “poke” made not from fish, but from sweet Western MA beets
MEAL 2 – SAVORY SPRING SANDWICHES WITH SEASONAL SALAD
*Note – we are running through the last of our winter storage carrots! 5/19 will be the last date this box contains Carrot Sandwiches. Boxes delivered 5/23 and beyond will have the Hakurei Turnip Sandwich instead (*roasted turnips with their greens, togarashi mayo, cheddar, fried onions and carrot slaw*) – so if you’re hankering for a hakurei, be sure to order for 5/23 and beyond.
– Pita bread (5 pc)
– Roasted carrots
– Feta cheese sauce
– Habanero carrot hot sauce
– Shredded cabbage
– Crispy fried farro
– Seasonal salad (exact salad will change seasonally)
MEAL 3 – BIG SPRING SALAD
– Lettuce & local greens mix
– Thinly shaved radishes and rainbow carrots
– Whole French breakfast radishes
– Roasted spiced chickpeas
– Marinated feta cheese
– Chipotle ranch dressing
– Hummus and Pita
SPRINGTIME SNACKS – ENERGY BARS & SEASONAL BERRIES WITH VANILLA SUGAR AND CREAM
– Peanut butter and chia energy bars
– Seasonal Berries with Vanilla Sugar (first few weeks will be strawberries) and Sour Cream
– House pita and silky hummus
PINK DESSERTS – LAVENDER SHORTBREAD & RHUBARB MOUSSE
– Shortbread Cookies with lavender sugar
– Rhubarb Cheesecake with graham cracker crumb