It’s already smelling like Thanksgiving here in the Clover kitchen. Chris is busy finalizing recipes, calling farms, and building the best Thanksgiving spread in all the land.
Whether you’re going over the river and through the woods, or Zooming to grandmother’s house instead, our box will keep you full, happy and connected to your Massachusetts farmers. From a family-sized version of our Brussels sprout sandwich to classic mashed potatoes to cranberry sauce from our local bogs, we’ve got you covered no matter how you’re celebrating this year.
Ordering is easy. Start with a Thanksgiving box, then add extras you can’t find in grocery stores (a build-your-own soda bar, Autumn Hills apples, a holiday breakfast kit). Choose whether you’d like to get your box on Tuesday Nov 24 or Wednesday Nov 25.
We’ll be offering free delivery to all doorsteps inside the I-495 loop (on all orders above $60) and we’ll also be hosting pickups at CloverHUB (1075 Cambridge St in Cambridge). The deadline to order is 5pm on Sunday, Nov 22, but boxes may sell out before then.
Here’s a preview of the menu.
1. Mushroom & Walnut Pâté – Ayr’s dad’s recipe is a vegetarian showpiece that carnivores love, made with Rhode Island Mushroom Co mushrooms and Grafton Cheddar. Place tray in the oven, heat, and serve.
2. Gravy – Chris makes magic happen with butter, thyme, ginger, soy, white wine vinegar, black pepper and porcini mushrooms. Warm up, pour into your gravy boat and serve over everything.
3. Mashed Mid Isle Farm Russet Potatoes – simple and delicious mashed potatoes, sourced from the best potato farms in Prince Edward Island. Place tray in oven, heat, and serve.
4. Mac and cheese – Chris’ family recipe, gooey on the inside, crisp on top, made with 1-year-aged Grafton Cheddar from Vermont. Chris advises, “yummy with a little hot sauce!”
5. Kale salad – A bit of fresh greens to cut through all the richness. We use “frostbitten” kale, harvested after the first frost so it’s sweeter than summer-harvested kale.
6. Acorn Squash with Maple-Sriracha Butter Sauce over Wild Rice Pilaf- another showstopping favorite you may have tried in our recent Fall Box. You’ll cut local acorn squash, roast it in the oven, drizzle it with Sriracha Maple Butter sauce and serve it over wild rice.
7. Roasted Czajkowski Farm Brussels Sprouts – think of this as a family-sized version of our Brussels Sprout Sandwich! Just-harvested brussels, za’atar, pickled cabbage, toasted hazelnuts, and smoked Grafton cheddar. Place tray in oven, heat, then drizzle with Sour Cream Dijon sauce at the table.
8. Scratch-made MA cranberry sauce – we make ours simply. Just sugar, water, and cranberries from one of our nearby bogs (e.g. Decas Farm). A little tart, a little sweet.
9. Creamy Butternut Squash Soup – local butternut squash and Michael Docter’s first harvest of carrots from Winter Moon Roots Farm. A Clover favorite.
Spiced mixed nuts
Raw dipping vegetables (Michael Docter’s first harvest of carrots, Red Fire and Kitchen Garden Farm’s purple and yellow cauliflower)
Silky Organic Hummus
9 inch Pumpkin Pie (made by our friends at Revival Cafe)
DON’T FORGET LEFTOVER SANDWICHES!
Freshly baked Clover pita bread made with Maine Grains flour