We just announced Clover’s brand new “Celebration Box”—what we call our at-home meal boxes that are worthy of a special occasion with friends or family. As a born-and-bred Yankee, I’m particularly pumped for this one.
It’s something we’ve been planning for a while, inspired by our staff members who grew up on the Cape and yearn for veggie-based versions of classic Clam Shack fare— clam strips, chowder, and fish and chips! Plus, Chris and the kitchen team wanted to right the eternal wrong that Veggie Lovers never get to experience the rich luscious buttery joy of an overstuffed Lobster Roll in a perfectly toasted bun.
Try it out to learn how to transform fresh veggies into seafood.
In the Cape Cod Box, you’ll get:
- A Clam Shack Platter Kit, complete with everything you need to make Blue Oyster Mushroom clam strips and onion strings made with local onions.
- A Classic Fish and Chips kit inspired by a London fish and chips shop Ayr visited a few years ago (they used banana blossoms but, after some testing, we’re going with hearts of palm to get that flaky cod-like texture.)
- Shiitake Mushroom Chowder
- German Coleslaw with local red cabbage and carrot
- And to cool you off: our Lemon-Rosemary Spritz Kit (a sleeper hit from our restaurants)
In the Lobster Roll Kit, you’ll get everything you need to make 4 beautiful King Oyster Mushroom “Lobster” Rolls in brioche buns, plus coleslaw and Potato Tempeh Salad to round out a luxurious dip in the flavor ocean. King Oysters are firm, flaky, and sweet, and when simmered in a proper paprika-butter stock, they’ll become lobster-pink. Note you’ll need a blender to make the beurre monte; we’ll send you all the ingredients and instructions.
Both boxes will be available for delivery on Thursday July 13th and Friday July 14th.
Orders will close 48 hours before each distribution date. And if you choose to pick-up your box at 1075 Cambridge St, we’ll give you a $10 credit towards your next order.
It’s July in Massachusetts and it’s hot: TIME TO HEAD TO THE CAPE!