Blue, Ayr’s son, helped take these photos and said “this is the best box ever!!” We’ve been having fun researching Easter traditions and making a box that gets you 90% of the way to one (or many) days of eating. For breakfast, tuck into Good Friday hot cross buns, perfect “dip eggs” and Berkshire Mountain Bakery toast “soldiers” with garlic butter, late winter pesto, and roasted tomatoes.
Then, for brunch Michael Docter is harvesting the first sign of the season: Spring Dug Parsnips!! Just like us, these sweet roots have been underground all winter and now they’re ready to party. So we’re glazing them like ham with orange, clove, ginger and cinnamon—you’ll just warm and carve at the table.
Brunch continues with a Mediterranean frittata made with feta, dill, and caramelized onions, a salad of pea shoots dressed with lemon, and a decadent carrot confit. And for dinner there’s French onion soup and a showstopping Dutch baby (think giant popover or as Chris says, “giant UFO”) served with golden oyster mushrooms and a creamy pecorino sauce.
For dessert we’re baking 2 different cakes! There’s heirloom carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, and semolina cake soaked in orange syrup and dusted in powdered sugar. And of course we’re loading you up with fresh salads, breads, and more. This box is great for one day of group eating, or perfect spread out over a week of meals.
Attention! We launched our Passover box just last week and it’s already 80% sold out. The same thing could happen with Easter. Order now to secure your spot for pickup or delivery on April 1, 2, or 3.
What’s the full menu?
Soft boiled eggs and Good Friday hot cross buns
- 2 soft-boiled eggs in their shells, simply warm in hot water for a few minutes, then crack them to make the perfect vessel for dipping toast
- 1 loaf Berkshire Mt. Bakery sliced San Francisco pan bread, light and airy and perfect for cutting into “soldiers” to dip into your eggs
- 1 container pesto made with late winter greens and sunflower seed pesto
- 1 container of Chris’ magic garlic and herb compound butter
- 1 container roasted Backyard Farms tomatoes
- 1 tray of 4 hot cross buns (traditionally eaten on Good Friday) with honey-orange glaze
“Ham-glazed” Spring Dug parsnips
- 1 container of twice cooked parsnips from Winter Moon Roots in Hadley
- 1 pot of orange, clove, cinnamon glaze
- Just like us, these parsnips have spent all winter holed up and now they are ready to party!
- Simply heat parsnips and glaze, then carve parsnips at the table and pour glaze over top
Mediterranean spring frittata, pea shoots with lemon
- 1 tray feta cheese, caramelized onion, dill frittata
- 1 container fresh pea shoots
- 1 bottle lemon-dijon vinaigrette
Decadent root vegetable confit
- 1 container confit carrot slices
- 1 container confit red king radish slices
- 1 container confit purple starburst daikon slices
- Michael Docter’s roots are yummy and luxurious with a sprinkle of salt
- 1 container Italian-style beluga lentils
Dinner Rolls and Donoghue’s Chili Oil
- 1 bag Berkshire Mt. Bakery dinner rolls
- 1 jar chili oil for dipping, thank you Greg for the recipe idea!
Savory golden mushroom Dutch baby
- 1 container eggy Dutch baby batter (you’ll add butter to a skillet, pour batter on top, and bake for 30-45 minutes, the Dutch baby will puff up and get golden on top and custardy on the inside)
- 1 container roasted golden oyster mushrooms
- 1 pot pecorino-and-herb cream sauce
- Detailed recipe for pouring batter and knowing when it’s done
French onion soup and farro salad
- 1 container farro and arugula salad with goat cheese, watermelon radish, and dried cherries, dressed in a white wine vinaigrette
- 1 pint deeply-flavored French onion soup
- 1 container cheesy sourdough croutons
SWEET TREATS FOR EVERY BUNNY
Michael Docter carrot cake
- 1 tray of classic carrot cake made with Winter Moon Roots carrots and cream cheese frosting
Semolina orange cake
- 1 tray of semolina cake soaked in orange syrup and dusted with powdered sugar
Note: portions described are for the 2-person box. Menu scales proportionally for 4, 6, 8, and 10-person boxes
ADD A NATURAL EGG DYE KIT TO YOUR BOX
Lucia grew up dyeing Easter eggs using natural ingredients from the fridge. At Clover we’ve got a very big and exciting fridge full of colorful vegetables to pull from. This kit is a great activity for kids, adults, or anyone looking for a fun and easy art project!
The kit includes:
🥚 2 dozen Maine Family Farms brown eggs
🥚 3 natural dyes made from Clover ingredients
🥚 Instructions on how to dye your eggs