I’m hours and hours into painstakingly reaching out to the HUGE number of services Clover uses to operate. For all it’s the same thing. (1) We want to use these services as soon as we re-open, (2) we DON’T want to lose all our data and set-up all over again, (3) We CAN’T pay while we have no revenues coming in.
If you run a tech company I implore you, please send a note to your restaurant customers today and tell them not to worry about it, you have their back, you’re issuing them 3 months credit no questions.
Quick list of some of the companies who have been AMAZING when I’ve reached out:
- Notion (top of the list for a really sweet personal note)
- Margin Edge (Bo, who runs company was awesome about this)
- InfoSync (we use them for accounting, also making this easy for us)
Those who have been THE WORST
- Google — are you kidding me? Spent 3 hours with them yesterday. They are telling me: you either pay us or you back-up everything, shut down all your email addresses, and turn off services
- Adobe – not a surprise
- Microsoft – give me a break already
- Dropbox – do you really want to have to re-acquire every customer?
- LinkedIn – how on earth do I even get to somebody there? Been trying for hours
- 1Password – I sent you an email form. Please help
Those I’m still working to reach
- Nest Labs
- Good Food Jobs
- When I Work
UPDATE: Since posting this some things have changed. I want to call those out:
- 1Password reached responded to my messages and offered us 6 months free service. Incredibly generous. I’m very thankful for this
- Imgix gets the gold star here. I hadn’t gotten through to anybody but they PROACTIVELY reached out and said don’t sweat it, they have us covered. Issued us a credit that should cover more than 3 months. A personal note, as I skip meals, exercise, and basically burn the candle at both ends trying to respond to everything right now this kind of gesture is touching. Really made me feel wonderful. And like I’m not alone. Thank you Imgix.
- Google — they didn’t exactly take care of us directly. But we did figure out a workaround we didn’t know about previously. I just posted a how to for others. We brought our monthly spend here from $900+ to just $90/ month!!!!