Here’s an excerpt from a recent back and forth with Erik Joule (Erik, hope you don’t mind me posting this). Iteration on the “manifesto.”
Clover needs to focus on building a relationship with its audience through its product, its spaces and the way it communicates.
- Capitalize on the emotional connection from the brand to its audience: Accessibility and transparency
- Open kitchen concept: Gives you the ability to be “part” of it. You are a participant of the experience vs. a recipient
- Simplicity highlights product and history: Bring artists and community in.
- Create a dialogue with the customer
- Product is King and is the hero of the concept (e.g., Northampton coffee)
- Create a feeling of intimacy as a relationship to the brand:
- Fight the ubiquitousness of other restaurant brands
- Create a feeling of uniqueness by highlighting and making history relevant