Farm Shares @ Clover Food Lab
UPDATE FOR SHAREHOLDERS – Clover restaurants are currently on-pause due to COVID-19. Knowing how important local food is at this time, we are continuing to take CSA signups on behalf of our farmers.
Each farm will reach out to you directly with their plans for the season. Brief summary below (will keep as updated as we can):
* Crimson & Clover Farm – sold out! switched to pickup on Thursdays at other locations in the Boston area.
* Forest Farmers – will be mailing all of their shares to customer mailing addresses.
* Lindentree – unfortunately unable to host CSAs this season. Hopes to be back next year!!
* Many Graces –
* Next Barn Over Farm – sold out! switched to delivery on Wednesdays for a subsidized additional fee.
* Rhode Island Mushroom – pickup on Tuesdays at CloverHUB only beginning June 17 (more details on pickup logistics to come).
* Siena Farms –
* Stone Soup Farm – sold out! switched to pickup on Wednesdays at other locations in the Boston area.
The idea of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) developed in the 1980s here in Massachusetts. And recently farmers are realizing this is one of the best economic models in existence to support small farms.
Farm shares work this way: you pay the farmer a fixed amount of money prior to their season. The farmer uses that money to buy seeds, fix equipment, and hire employees for the growing season. You pick up a share of your farmer’s harvest weekly or every other week. It’s a wonderful system.
At Clover, we started thinking about this a few years ago. What if we could make this whole process better? You learn about farms in a comfortable retail environment. Our pick-up windows are long. We offer online signup and payment. Shares will be offered first come first serve, and we expect all shares to sell out.
MONDAYS: Siena Farms – Sudbury, MA (changed to THURSDAYS)$375.00 – $750.00 Select options
THURSDAYS: Crimson & Clover Farm – Florence, MA$515.00 – $840.00 Select options
THURSDAYS: Lindentree Farm – Lincoln, MA (Clover Burlington only)$575.00 Read more
TUESDAYS: Many Graces Flower Farm – Hadley, MA$150.00 – $295.00 Select options
TUESDAYS: Next Barn Over Farm – Hadley, MA (changed to WEDNESDAYS – delivery only)$465.00 – $665.00 Select options
TUESDAYS: Rhode Island Mushroom Co – West Kingston, RI (changed to pickup at HUB only)$160.00 Select options
WEDNESDAYS: Stone Soup Farm – Hadley, MA$465.00 – $845.00 Select options
WEDNESDAYS: The Forest Farmers – VT/NY (changed to shares delivered by mail only for the summer)$99.00 – $189.00 Select options