For some of us (me included) our pantries need restocking right about now. So if you’re looking to restock AND support local businesses while you’re at it, read on for a few of our recommendations!
- Plimoth Grist Mill – Kim makes incredible stone-ground corn meal, sampe, locally-grown popcorn, and more (we use their cornmeal for our Plimoth corn muffin at breakfast)
- Maine Grains – Amber and her team make some awesome products, including the Maine-grown and -milled flour that we use in our pita bread. Use the code “homecookingwithayr” for 10% off grains, flours, and legumes
- Baer’s Best Beans – Charley grows beautiful heirloom beans that we use everywhere on our menu at Clover! When you call him, tell him Clover sent you 🙂
- Mi Tierra Tortillas – Jorge and Michael make seriously tasty corn tortillas using corn that Michael grows himself in Hadley.
COFFEE – all the roasters that we feature on our menu are still roasting and shipping orders!
- Little Wolf – Melissa and Chris roast out of Ipswich, MA. Use code “inayrskitchen” for free shipping on orders over $24!
- Speedwell – Derek roasts out of Plymouth, MA. Use code “clover” for free shipping over $20!
- Tandem – Will roasts out of Portland, ME. Use code “inayrskitchen” for 10% off your order!
- George Howell – George’s team roasts out of Acton, MA.
FARMSHARES – last but not least, consider supporting a local farm by signing up for a summer farmshare. Pick up beautiful, thoughtfully grown produce each week through the summer & fall at your nearest Clover. Currently we don’t anticipate COVID interfering with this – but if social distancing encroaches on June, we will work with both farmers & shareholders to figure out an alternate pick-up plan!
- Mondays – Siena Farms – boxes of mixed produce grown in Sudbury, MA.
- Tuesdays – Rhode Island Mushroom Company – a different mushroom varietal each week, grown in West Kingston, RI. Cook with the same mushrooms that we use for our mushroom sandwiches!
- Tuesdays – Next Barn Over Farm – boxes of mixed produce grown by Ray in Hadley, MA. The same farm that we get our sweet potatoes from each fall for the Japanese Sweet Potato Sandwich 🙂
- Tuesdays – Many Graces – beautiful bouquets of flowers grown and arranged by Rebecca in Hadley, MA.
- Wednesdays – The Forest Farmers – THE FIRST CSA OF ITS KIND (as far as we know). Mike and his team forage forestland in VT and NY, and bring you forest goods each month. Mushrooms, tree syrups, greens, and more!
- Wednesdays – Stone Soup Farm – boxes of mixed produce grown by Dave in Hadley, MA. And yes, their farm name is inspired by that book 🙂
- Thursdays – Crimson & Clover Farm – boxes of mixed veggies & fruit grown by Nate in Florence, MA. Option to extend the season by an additional 4-weeks with an “add-on” share.
If you’ve made it to the bottom of this list – THANK YOU.
Supporting our local vendors and growers is so important right now. We will all need each other in order to make it to the other side – we are in this together!
(If you have an Instagram account – this list is also available (with links!) as a highlight on our page)